1. Are you named after anyone?

Yep.  My Great-Grandfather.

A funny story--after I was married, we discovered that my namesake was named after my wife's Great-Great-Grandfather, and that after my Great-Great-Grandfather died, my Great-Great-Grandmother married my wife's Great-Great-Grandfather.

Did you follow that?

2. When was the last time you cried?

I'm always getting teary eyed.  Just a sensitive guy I guess.  Usually it happens during a tender thought about my children, at church, or when I'm reading.  There were a couple times when Les Miserables got to me most recently.

3. Do you have kids?

Oh, yes, 5 kiddos.  I've got my own basketball team.  They are my whole life.  Literally and figuratively.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

Uh, yea.  If you weren't wouldn't that mean you are a big jerk--and you know it?

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

See number 4.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

Nope.  I value my life too much.

7. What’s your favorite cereal?

Reese's Puffs.  Go ahead, I dare you to try them and not fall in love.

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

How quick they are to smile.

9. What is your eye colour?

My license says Hazel, but it kind of depends on the light.  Sometimes blue, sometimes green.

I'm a chameleon.

10. Scary movie or happy endings?

Happy endings in books and movies.  It's a deal breaker.*

Scary movies?  Yes please.

Scary books?  I've never met a book that scared me.  I challenge you to find me one that will.  Can't be about kids dying or cancer though.

*Disclaimer: Tragic endings and sad endings are different.  One is acceptable, the other is not. See The Book Thief for an example.

11. Favorite smells?

Christmas, fresh rain on a summer day, a newly cut lawn, and Bath and Body Works hand soap.

12. Summer or winter?

Summer.  But if I lived somewhere that actually had awesome winter weather instead of perma-drizzle-muddy winter weather like where I live now that could change.

13. Computer or television?

Books.  I spend enough time at work at the computer.  And there's nothing worth my time on the television except sports.

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

Russia.  I lived there for two years after high school as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

15. Do you have any special talents?

Reading aloud to kids.  Photography.  Teaching.  Public Speaking.  I know a couple of card tricks.  That's about it.  My talent pool is pretty shallow.

16. Where were you born?

Near Seattle, WA.  Go Seahawks!  Go Mariners!

17. What are your hobbies?

Reading, taking pictures, sports, coaching my kids teams, being a dad.

18. Do you have any pets?

Unfortunately.  A Yorkie.  She sucks.

19. Favorite movie?

I love to watch movies, but I don't really have a favorite.  There's nothing that I want to watch over and over.

I'd rather read.  I definitely have favorite books.

20. Do you have any siblings?

Yep.  3 brothers and a sister.  Between us my parents have 22 grand kids, and if I were a betting man I say there are at least 2 or 3 yet to come.  Pretty good return on investment, I'd say.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Is there anyway to get paid to read books and write reviews? That's what I want to be.  And if I can't do that when I retire from corporate America I'd like to be a teacher and have a photography business.