Fade Into Me - Charity Bradford

Fade Into Me is more mushy-girly-sappy-romantical than I'd normally pick for myself, but Charity Bradford is a friend of mine and I love supporting author's as much as I love reading.  So I'm expanding my horizons a bit and giving her book a try.

So far so good...20% in and I'm quite impressed! It's SyFy romance, so it's like me telling my wife she should watch Thor because there's kissing in it.  It goes both ways, right?

Prince Caedan and his people are from another planet, sent to earth 1000's of years ago to take stewardship of Earth. They live on Earth...but in another dimension invisible to humans. Using their magic, they manipulate the life force of living things--influence emotion, cause plants to spontaneously grow, stuff like that.  Alien technology enables them to freely move between their hidden dimension and the one the normal humans live in.

Ryanne is human and sad.  She pines for her childhood crush/best friend--a major jerk, actually--who just had to marry his pregnant girlfriend.  She's tormented by memories of a sexual assault involving her boy-crush's friends that she has chosen to cover up to protect jerk-boy. She is unremarkable in every way but one: Caedan has discovered that Ryanne is his Anamchara--his soul mate (think Jacob imprinting on Renesmee).

Ryanne doesn't know it yet, but Caedan has to marry his sole mate two months from now in order to prevent something bad from happening.  All Ryanne knows is that for some reason this really hot guy--who is apparently a magic alien--is making her weak-kneed and light headed and she is completely freaked out by his attention.

That's all I know so far.  It looks like Caedan has two months to get Ryanne to fall in love with him the old fashioned way 1) because they are sole mates and 2) something bad will happen if they don't.

So far so fun! I'll keep you posted as I go!