Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
6/10/2014
I've been wanting to re-read Ready Player One since the first time I finished it. (See below!) This is one seriously fun book. I think it was even better the second time. Read it now!

8/18/2011
Wow! Haven't had this much fun reading in a long time! This was the first time in my life I remember wanting turn right back to the first page and start reading again! I loved, loved, loved this book.

I don't know that I can recommend this book to every reader, however. It is filled with 80's "geekyness," with 80's music, styles, video games, and D&D refrences on every page. If that doesn't interest you, "Ready Player One" may not have the same effect on you as it did me. Also, the book has quite a bit of mature (or should I say immature?) language . . . the main characters are teenagers.

The thought that this is Ernie Clines first book is exciting too--I'm thinking of a future with more books from this great author!

One bit that is interesting (probably only to me) is that right before reading "Ready Player One" I read a book called "Elisha's Bones." Both books are written in 1st person. Reading Elisha's Bones was like fingernails on a chalkboard at times because the 1st person narrative felt really uncomfortable. However, the 1st person writing of Ready Player One was completely comfortable and natural. In fact, I didn't even realize it was first person until several chapters in! It was proof to the that Cline has a writing talent I am excited to explore further.