Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon) - Dan Brown
I swore I was done with Dan Brown. The Lost Symbol was SO HORRIBLE!

After the reviews for Inferno started coming in mixed, I'd decided I wasn't going to read it. Why disappoint myself again? I'd rather just keep my fond memories of Deception Point, Angels and Demons, and The Divinci Code intact and call it good. (Ya, I know. Digital Fortress intentionally excluded.) But then Amazon had Inferno on a Kindle Daily Deal and I couldn't resist . . .

And I'm glad! Inferno was great--as long as I ignored the preachy parts. I could see why some were turned off by the tourist-guide feel, but I really enjoyed the history and art lessons. It was especially fun reading on my Kindle Fire or with my phone near by so I could look up pictures of the actual paintings, sculptures, and buildings that are so prominently featured. Now I want to go to Florence!

There were twists that I didn't expect, and that's always a pleasant surprise--I usually can anticipate something coming. Not this time. In fact, there was one red herring so shocking that I had to go back and re-read a part. I thought surely there was a mistake! No mistake, just clever writing.

Inferno is miles better than The Lost Symbol. If you're on the fence, hop off and start reading!